Android Application crashing when purchasing

cgascons

26 Jun, 2015 09:23 AM

I'm receiving many messages from the users claiming that they attempt to buy stuff, Play Store takes their money but the game automatically closes and never receive their items, these are some of the messages from the users:

"Every time I try to buy something, the game closes and will just take my money."
"eu comprei um ovo na oferta,e o APP parou de funcionar...e agora"

This is the stack trace taken from the Play Store

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{air.com.fs.monsterbattles/com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.BillingProxyActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't start async operation (launchPurchaseFlow) because another async operation(launchPurchaseFlow) is in progress.
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2237)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2287)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleRelaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3780)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThread.java:138)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1226)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5128)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:792)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:608)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't start async operation (launchPurchaseFlow) because another async operation(launchPurchaseFlow) is in progress.
at com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.util.IabHelper.flagStartAsync(Unknown Source)
at com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.util.IabHelper.launchPurchaseFlow(Unknown Source)
at com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.util.IabHelper.launchPurchaseFlow(Unknown Source)
at com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.BillingPluginService.purchaseProduct(Unknown Source)
at com.gamedonia.inapppurchase.BillingProxyActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5320)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1087)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2201)
... 12 more

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by xavi.albillos on 26 Jun, 2015 09:58 AM

Can't start async operation (launchPurchaseFlow) because another async operation(launchPurchaseFlow) is in progress.

Looks like the purchase flow is launched two times, when it shouldn't. Can you check this doesn't happen? Can you reproduce the error? What kind of device does the user or users have? If you have more error stack traces they may be helpful. Also any information about the way the user is proceeding when this happens (what does he see, what did he do just before the crash...)

2. 2 Posted by cgascons on 29 Jun, 2015 09:29 AM

Hi,

We have security checks implemented in-game that do not allow to start the purchase flow to be launched while there's one in progress.

These are devices that tracked the issue:

Moto X (victara)
    MeMO Pad 7 (K01A)
    ALCATEL A564R (Yaris5NA)
    Galaxy Tab3 Lite (goyawifi)

I'm afraid we are unable to reproduce the error, the stack trace is always the same for every device. In addition, we can not contact with the players who experienced the issue because Google doesn't display the contact information. Some of them did send an e-mail to our customer support e-mail contact but they did not do anything special at all, it just happens randomly. and they experience a "freeze" in-game.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

3. 3 Posted by Ashish garg on 13 Oct, 2017 06:50 AM

Hi,

Is there any solution you get for above mention problem because i am also getting same error in my app.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac